Interested in cycling advocacy? Join the GVCC’s Board of Directors!
There will be an election for new board members at the GVCC’s 2016 annual general meeting.
Board members set the strategic direction of the GVCC, and lead the various teams that perform essential tasks of the organization (advocacy, communications, operations, rides, and membership). We are looking for board members to fulfill the following roles:
- Conduct the correspondence of the society;
- Issue notices of board meetings to members and directors;
- Keep minutes of all board meetings and ensure proper filing
- Maintain an accurate member register
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Act as point of contact for all new and existing volunteers
- Direct new volunteers to proper contact or team lead
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date list of volunteer pool
- Provide yearly volunteer training to new members
- Communications Team Lead
- Coordinate web posts, social media posts, tweets
- Coordinate the production and dissemination of Cycle Therapy
- Liaise with Cycle Therapy Editor
- Coordinate production of graphics, posters and other material as required
- Events Team Lead
- Compile a list of events and rides that the GVCC will host/participate in
- Coordinate and implement GVCC participation in chosen events/rides
If you are interested in running for the Board, please let us know!
Send your name, contact information, and a short biography that includes why you would like to become a member of the Board of Directors to email@example.com by October 12th, 2016.